After the initial launch of the Google Nexus 6 by Motorola, the screen size let down many Android enthusiasts who were looking to update from Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus. This doesn’t mean that Nexus 6 failed or something, it is still one of the top dog droids out there and the specsheet is nothing short of impressive. However today after consulting many Nexus maniacs over the Xda-developers thread we bring you the top 5 reasons why it might be still wise to buy a Nexus 5 over the flagship Nexus 6.
Top 5 reasons to Still Buy a Nexus 5 over Nexus 6
- It’s half the price : This was the priority in the minds of Nexus users, since LG made the Nexus 4. The comparatively low price drove many customers to go for the Nexus 4 and since then Nexus 5 was nothing but a delight offering high end specs that could handle just about everything Android could throw at it. Don’t forget all of this was for just $350 when the Galaxy’s and One’s were charging $600.
- Software Updates : Android Lollipop 5.0 was made official with the Nexus 6 & Nexus 9 but it took only a couple of weeks for the Nexus 5 to get it and seeing how the Nexus 4 got invited to the lollipop party, the next unannounced version of android will make it to Nexus 5.
- LG over Motorola : This might seem unusual at first but for many nations such as India, this stands to be big factor when considering Manufacturer Warranty / Repairs. Google does take care of it’s own but only if you buy from them and that isn’t possible for everyone seeing PlayStore doesn’t sell everywhere. Motorola lost it’s ground when it initially generated heavy losses and since then they haven’t been exactly what you call dependable. LG on the other hand is a widespread group and serves the need in most nations across America, Europe and Asia.
- A Smartphone Not Phablet : When Samsung introduced the Galaxy Note line, everyone was confused but since then Phablets have come a long way. Still many people don’t want their smartphones to get too big, specially the ones who prefer to use their pockets to put their smartphones into. 5 Inches is big enough and with the Nexus 5’s design LG kept it very easy to handle those corners.
- The Best way to enter the Android World : Consider that up till now you were relying on iOS (iPhone) or Windows Phone Etc. and you have finally decided to take a leap forward by switching to Android. The Nexus 5 gives you that perfect entry, it’s the Android how Google designed it to be and if you feel the need to go back it won’t hurt you as much as the $600 Nexus 6 or Galaxy S5 would. The Resale factor is also another plus you will have with the Nexus 5.
As we said already, the Nexus 6 is and will always be the superior device but evidently not the wiser choice for everyone. What do you think about this ? Let us know in the comments section below.