Just a few days ago, OnePlus released Android Oreo 8.0 update for its OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T. The update had come with Oxygen OS 5.0. It seems that, even though the company has given the latest Android Oreo update, it is not done releasing the beta updates. As per the new report, recently, OnePlus has released the Oxygen OS Open Beta updates for both OnePlus 3 and 3T. The OnePlus 3 has got Oxygen OS Open Beta update version 28 and the OnePlus 3T has got Open Beta update version 19.
The updates are carrying some optimization and additional features for launcher, gallery, contacts, and system.
Here is the changelog:
- Optimized and enhanced application shortcut menu
- Optimized shelf visual style
- Add a photo map to view photos by location
- UI enhancements and other optimizations
- Added emergency information (ICE) to your personal information
- Wireless hotspot management optimizations
- Support for aptX/aptX HD
- UI fixes for Quick Settings
- Fixed slow charging issues
- Optimized Wi-Fi performance and security
- Optimized battery usage statistics
- Updated Android Security Patch
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
With the above change logs, the updates have some issues also. Sometimes the long press will not activate on the home screen. If the users encounter this issue, then they need to restart their phone. The issue should then be gone. The company also advised to report the problem if arises.
To revert to the last Open Beta N build (OnePlus 3 Open beta 24 or OnePlus 3T Open Beta 15) the users will need to flash the special build which is available in the OnePlus official website. For this, the users have to follow the steps-
Steps to revert:
- Download special build
- Copy to Internal storage
- Reboot to recovery Mode to install
- Choose “Install from Local”
- Choose the downloaded build to install
After this, the users will get back the old software version.