Android 5.1 was a much awaited release for the Nexus community as it was supposed to bring a ton of bug fixes introduced in Android 5.0 Lollipop. Now the update is available for the Nexus 6 and Nexus 5 but things aren’t looking as good as expected. Last week we did an article on 5 most important tips one should know before or after installing Android 5.1 on their beloved Nexus 5, as it turns out there are still many minor as well as major Issues/Bugs in the latest release of lollipop.
List of Bugs/Issues with Android 5.1 Lollipop on Nexus 5
- Flashlight Bug still present
- Camera won’t load at all in some cases
- High RAM Usage resulting in Laggy Performance
- Device losing Sounds (Notifications & Ringtones)
- Battery life degraded severely
- Flash of Crumbled Screens on App Switching
- Choppy Animations at times
- Increased Boot time
- Phone Freeze (Resolved only by forcing a Restart)
The above list has been compiled by the help of our loyal readers, who are facing one or the other issue on daily basis. As one must know there might still be issues that aren’t listed here, so feel free to drop them in the comments section below and we shall update this article accordingly. We also hope Google is planning to do something about this very soon, maybe Android 5.1.1 will fix it.
Stay tuned for updates on this topic !